Friday, 12 July 2013

Radiotherapy Day 3

Day 3 of radiotherapy complete! 

Cruised through the process today and had my iPod plugged in to the docking station in the room - of course I had my Oasis playlist playing, which was great because I was visualising myself training again to the very same music I started out training to when I first began boxing at the end of 2009!

The process is now feeling pretty normal to me and I'm used to it, however, when I did my last breath-hold I had a slight feeling/pain in my chest. Just for a fraction of that last breath hold, so I'm not sure if that is a normal experience for other lymphoma patients or not, but I will bring it up with the radiographers before my next session on Monday. I have a feeling that this pain/feeling could be to do with the tumour itself, possibly reacting to the radiation and shrinking or it could perhaps be scar tissue beginning to form?

Of course I don't really have much of an idea as I'm no doctor, but I will definitely bring it up with the team on Monday and see what they think it is. I will keep everyone up to date with this issue too.

Other than that I felt good today and the whole process has become a lot easier and it is becoming quite routine. Also, managed to get some training in this morning before the session which involved some Fartlek (Swedish for speed play) style training, as well as some strength work. Definitely feeling much fitter and stronger than I did a month ago!

Hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys the weather!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad it was a little easier today. I am sending you positive vibes (not that you haven't got oodles of them already!) and the sun is shining.

    ReplyDelete