Saturday, 6 July 2013

Aspiring Boxer, Hodgkin's Lymphoma and a Dream...

Hi guys, this is my first blog and also my first blog post.

I just thought I would share my story with you and if you find it interesting then you may want to follow my blog and read more about me and what's going on!


I am a 17 year old male, currently studying a Level 3 Extended BTEC Diploma in Sports Exercise Science and I am also fighting cancer, Hodgkin's Lymphoma to be more specific. I was diagnosed with cancer in February 2013 after a CT scan revealed a large tumour beneath my breast bone, the tumour was approximately 6 by 5 inches big. I began an intensive course of chemotherapy within a few weeks of the diagnosis and have now completed all four cycles required for my treatment. Scans taken after the completion of my second cycle revealed a shrinkage in the size of the tumour at that it was showing no/very little metabolic response (this is positive news), however, the lump had not quite shrunk enough and therefore, I am needing radiotherapy to try and shrink the tumour even more and to ensure that there are no active cancer cells.

I have recently finished my fourth cycle of chemotherapy and I am feeling much better, my radiotherapy is due to start on Wednesday 10th July and hopefully after that I will have won this battle and can return to my beloved boxing. I am an aspiring young boxer and have currently had four contests, winning all of them. My ambition is to become a Professional boxer within the near future and then reach my ultimate goal of becoming a World Champion. I haven't boxed since 29th September 2012 due to my disease and I will not fight any time soon because of how the chemotherapy has affected my body, but I am in the process of rebuilding myself and aim to be in the ring in around a years time.

This journey has not been at all easy and I never expected it to be, but it has been even harder for me to accept because my dad passed away from Hodgkin's Lymphoma four and a half years ago. However, I am confident that my fate will not be the same as my dad's and I WILL return to the ring and achieve my goals and dreams.



Please keep up to date with my blog if you want to hear more about my journey and my progress, writing is a passion and hobby of mine so I will be posting often.


Thanks,


Tyler White - A.R.D. Training Camp Fighter.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with the radiotherapy, Tyler. I'm confident you have what it takes to be a world champ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Shaun, I'll get you tickets when my world title shot comes along

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Tyler. It's been a tough year and you have dug deep and that is what great people are made of. You are strong in mind and you will control your body until it strong enough to take you where you want to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers Sam, I appreciate that. Hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete

  5. I am Alecia,from what I can read. It has been sad news and scam to everyone about Voodoo casters or so. But to me they are so real cause one worked for me not quite long ago.i met this man on a blog his name is Dr Abalaka is a very powerful man.I traveled down to where his shrine his and we both did the ritual and sacrifice.he had no website yet but he promised to create one as costumers are requesting for it, and now i'm free from the powders of sickness.I don't know about you but Voodoo is real;love marriage,finance, job promotion ,lottery Voodoo,poker voodoo,golf Voodoo,Law & Court case Spells,money voodoo,weigh loss voodoo,diabetic voodoo,hypertensive voodoo,high cholesterol voodoo,Trouble in marriage,Barrenness(need a child),Luck, Money Spells,he also cure any cancer and HIV,it's all he does. I used my money to purchase everything he used he never collected a dime from. He told me I can repay him anytime with anything from my heart. Now I don't know how to do that. If you can help or you need his help write him on (dr.abalaka@outlook.com) and also his cell number: 760-935-3804 you can text him because he use to be very busy some times,i believe that your story will change for better,or if you have any question you can contact me here as 1001madonado@gmail.com best of luck.

    ReplyDelete